With online shopping on the rise, so is credit card fraud. Fraudsters can sometimes illegally access customer card data through computers used to process transactions and unsecured data.
Credit card fraud is a serious risk to your business and your customers. Be aware of the risks to avoid damaging your business’ reputation and bottom line.
Some helpful tips to avoid credit card fraud:
- Make sure your anti-virus software is up to date.
- Make sure you have effective passwords. Use passwords with letters and numbers and both upper and lower cases – passwords that cannot be easily guessed. And change them on a regular basis.
- Dispose of customer card information. If you have permission to retain this then make sure information is password protected. Hard copies of information should be locked up. Shred any such information when no longer required.
- Limit staff access to this area of your business. It is important that your computer, associated equipment (e.g. servers) and website passwords are protected from unauthorised users.
- Make sure your website online payment system is secure. Ezi acounts made sure this is in place… Use secure online payment gateways such as DPS and payment express. This takes much of the hassle out of online payments and is safest for your customers.
When it comes to online shopping, your customers will appreciate the extra mile you go to provide a trustworthy and secure website. Advertise the systems you have implemented to shelter them from credit card fraud.
Most banks are very proactive when it comes to credit card fraud, if you have concerns about your credit card systems then have a look online at your bank’s safety recommendations.